IOW Festival launches Live and Unsigned comp – win a place on the main stage
To be in with a chance of joining this year’s line up, artists can apply online by submitting an original song of their choice through the festival’s website. A team of music industry
experts will whittle down the entries with the finalists performing at the Half Moon in
London on March 29th. A live judging panel led by festival organiser, John Giddings, will decide the winner who will also receive the chance to record at the Skinny Mammoth studio on the Isle of Wight.
John Giddings said: “The festival has an amazing heritage with the acts we’ve had performing over the years, however we are dedicated to supporting new talent. This competition provides winners with an amazing opportunity to perform in front of thousands of people. We’ve always been really impressed by all of the talent who have entered in previous years.”
anniversary of The Isle of Wight Festival since it was successfully relaunched in 2002 to become one of the most exciting weekends of the summer, with a proud heritage of
show-stopping headliners such as Foo Fighters, The Rolling Stones, The Killers,
Paul McCartney, Coldplay, Blur and Fleetwood Mac.
A full range of ticket, travel and camping / accommodation options are available for The Isle of Wight Festival from www.isleofwightfestival.
· Weekend with/without Camping – £195
· Student – £175
· Teen – £145
· Children under 12 – free
· Disabled Access – Must be purchased via the Ticketmaster Special Access number 0800 988 4440
Camp Kerala Mademoiselle provide Luxury Glamping backstage with room service and VIP transport
- Tangerine Fields – Turn up and find your tent already pitched plus Tangerine Bar and Cafe and grooming facilities
- Eve’s Tipis – Try something different and stay in a tipi, plus enjoy cocktails or champagne from the bar or some hot breakfast options to start your day right
- Podpads – Bunk down in the colourful Podpads with solid wood or canvas options
- Love Your Tent – enjoy an ethical camping experience plus hot showers and a Poodle Parlour!
- Pink Moon Camping – Choose from a colourful collection of accommodation and enjoy your weekend with a unique camping experience!
A variety of travel options including ferry, speed boats, river crossing, Big Green Coach Company and National Rail can be viewed on the festival’s website.
Queen + Adam Lambert / Stereophonics / Faithless
Adam Ant / Alabama 3 / Blossoms / Busted / Buzzcocks / Cast / The Corrs /
The Cribs / The Damned / Everything Everything / The Family Rain / Feeder / Gabrielle Aplin / The Godfathers / Gutterdammerung / Half Moon Run / The High Kings / Iggy Pop / Jess Glynne / Joanne Show Taylor / The Kills / Lissie / Mike + The Mechanics / Ocean Colour Scene / Pendulum (DJ Set) / Reef / Reverend And The Makers / The Second Sons / Sex Pissed Dolls / Sigma (Live) / SIXX:AM / Status Quo / Sunset Sons / Turin Brakes / Twin Atlantic / The Wonder Stuff